zondag 30 januari 2011

My first fashion week

Last Thursday and Friday I was so lucky to may visit the AIFW. I like fashion and I follow a lot of fashion blogs, although I was feeling like a newbie.

I started of with the green fashion show competition. Eight finalists competed against each other in the finale. They had to come up with a good business plan that was also eco-friendly. Elsien won the first price, because as a young designer she managed to create a signature style in a very short period of time. She was also honored because she combines futuristic design with respect for the environment. The second price went to OAT, who sent half naked models down the runway, wearing nothing more than a pair of knickers, is known for it’s clean shoe designs made out of sustainable materials. The sneakers  of this brand do not only look good but are beneficial to the environment as well.
My favorite designer was Winde Rienstra. Her models walked barefoot. I like the simplicity and it suits the theme of sustainability in an almost poetic way.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten